Saturday

Workwear - Pewter Brogues & Wide Leg Trousers

I featured my Halo Brogues from Seven Boot Lane as part of a casual outfit on this post so today, I'm showing them as part of a workwear outfit....doing what I do best in this first photo (according to husband..i.e. smiling and nodding when he speaks but actually paying all the attention to the phone)

Coat - Mango - past season (similar options on this link)
Trousers - M&S (wearing a size 10R)

For this more formal outfit, I wore the brogues with M&S wide leg trousers, a Mango grey wool coat and this fab jumper I came across in Next the other week..
I actually featured this jumper on the blog way back when I was talking about workwear (on this link) so when I saw it in store, I took it home to try and was delighted with the fit - neat but not clingy and with gorgeous gathered detail at the shoulders - perfect for balancing out my pear shape.
I love how the shoes lift the black bottom half and tie in so well with the grey, which as you know is a colour I LOVE wearing. 

As I type this, there is just 1 pair each in stock in size 4, 5 and 7 and a handful of pairs left in the size 6 (which is what I'm wearing) and as I said on my last post, they won't be restocked, though they also come in a bronze colour way on this link and it has slightly more size availability. I'm planning to wear them also with opaques and my grey leopard mini skirt as another work outfit. Just struggling to get my head around opaques yet, even though we've had a few mornings here at 7 and 8 degrees.

I hope you're having a great weekend - I'll be back tomorrow (hopefully) with some of the past week's outfits but for the rest of Saturday, I'm resting up ahead of a longer than usual run tomorrow. Not sure why I signed up for the Runher 10k at Titanic but in a weak moment I did and the competitive, stubborn person in me is determined to do it, even though I'm dreading it and I'm probably not at the fitness level I'd like to be. I'll share how I got on on social media if you're interested. Please send all the positive vibes at 11am on Sunday!

Ax

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I’m not actively monitoring the comments on this blog anymore. Please contact me in Instagram instead @avrilkeysblog or email me avrilkeys@yahoo.co.uk

© Avril’s Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig