Saturday

Denim & Camel Layers for Autumn

Last Sunday, I spent the day in Stranmillis College with the rest of Belfast Community Gospel Choir recording our new CD - it'll be ready for Christmas and never fear, when it's available I'll publish a link to where you can buy it. It's going to be our best CD yet - the sound was amazing....even if I do say so myself!

Dressing for 8 hours (mostly standing) in an auditorium presents a challenge. Clompy shoes and jingly jewellery are not welcome, as the mikes pick it all up on the recording. And layers were essential as we had no idea how warm or cold it might be.
After some deliberation, I decided to go for my most comfortable jeans, a cotton boat-necked top and a cosy poncho...

I got this poncho in an unlikely place - Gerry Weber at Menarys. Not a place I'd normally shop but it was in the sale and is such a great neutral colour. I also love that it's a poncho essentially but it's got sleeves so it's easier to wear. I guess it feels more like an oversized knit.
You're probably thinking - what's the story wit the high heeled boots?! But I didn't wear them in the auditorium itself. I brought along my Celtic Sheepskin boots for that. Kept my feet toasty warm and didn't make any noise on the floor. But for the outfit, I felt the need to dress it up a bit with a more formal boot.
Poncho/Oversized Knit - Gerry Weber @ Menarys (loads of similar items below - scroll down!)
White Boat Neck Top - Primark (I buy lots of these when I see them...size up!)
Black Leather Boots - Current from TK Maxx
Leopard Cross Body - preloved - similar here

On the boots, I have to say that TK Maxx are killing it with leather boots this AW16. I can't find mine online but they were £34.99 and are fully lined in leather and made in Spain. There are tons of other options on this link including Ralph Lauren, Esprit, Aldo...etc etc. all in or around the £40 mark too.

And the jury's still out on the ripped jeans....I can't make up mind. I think they worked for this event as it was a casual day and these Tesco jeans are so stretchy and comfortable. But I have worn them on other days and can't decide if they're just too mutton/lamb on me. (I wonder will I have more thoughts like this about my wardrobe in years to come....SOB!)

Huge huge thanks to my choir friend Paula Hamilton who took these photos for me. She brought her camera on the day to take photos of us all at the recording the CD but her usual photographic work is animal related. Please check out her Facebook page - Takaira Dog Photo & Design and if you're local, you can book Paula to take portrait photos of your pets. She breeds Boston Terriers herself so is well used to working and handling animals and you can see her previous work on Facebook. Pretty sure she won't add me to that particular portfolio.....

Here are a couple of photos from inside the auditorium...also taken by Paula. It was a long hard day's work but we loved every minute.

And finishing with where to find a similar poncho/oversized jumper to mine? Well I've done the hard work for you..
Cashmere at John Lewis (crushing on the charcoal colour way)
and a brand I've seen on a few other blogs recently - Winser London. They have this one available in a few different colour ways:
Hope you have a great weekend my friend - I'm about to brave the torrential rain on a trip into Belfast for music supplies. One of the twins starts viola lessons next week at school. Do you think the music shop sells earplugs??!
Ax
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I’m not actively monitoring the comments on this blog anymore. Please contact me in Instagram instead @avrilkeysblog or email me avrilkeys@yahoo.co.uk

© Avril’s Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig