Thursday

A long overdue 'what I've been wearing'

The title says it all - I've been most neglectful on here and I can only apologise. Between work, running, singing and the full time job at home, I've barely got time to sit down and chill...not to mind blog! But I've a few posts I really have to do and this weekend coming is a less busy one so I'm looking forward to catching up.

But for now, here's what I've been wearing on the days I got pictures. Oh and if you're not a follower on social media, you won't have heard that I had my hair  chopped off. Jury's still out...I like it but I'm still adapting and getting a shock every time I look in the mirror...

Coat - Christina Gavioli from Sarah Jane Boutique (past season)
Asymmetric knit - Zara (past season)

The Zara green coat got an outing...its first of the season!
Coat - Zara (past season)
Demi Shirt - White Company (past season)
White Top - Dunnes Stores

And it's officially skirt season (as you'll see scrolling down). They're perfect for work and make a nice change from my faithful denim.
Jumper & Skirt - New Look
White Shirt - TM Lewin (past season)
Shoes - Seven Boot Lane (past season)
Tights - 100D from M&S

Wore the cropped hush trousers on one of my work days - this time with loafers.  I've not worn these M&S loafers as much as I thought I would so I liked that they work with these trousers. 
Scarf - old one from my shop

Next outfit was for Saturday when the twins had their birthday party. I wasn't going to do a school party as there have definitely been fewer of them this school year but they begged and begged and then my friend Emer who works at Odyssey Cinemas told me about the cinema/pizza deal they do so I succumbed and actually, we had a fab time. No stress involved at all for me - and the kids had a ball too! It was the first of the baltic days so I gave my new John Lewis cashmere jumper a go....WOW...separate blog post coming.
Scarf - Past season
Skirt - Marc Cain via DejaVu
Shoes - Aldo (past season)

Finishing with this last one from yesterday...very similar to the previous outfit as I'm wearing the same shoes and knit but I've lifted it a bit with this past season skirt from H&M - the collaboration they had a few years ago with Marni. I loved the print but it was quite a formal pencil length so I chopped off about 6 inches and it now gets a few wears each winter with opaques. Unfortunately for Marni, everyone always thinks I got it in Boden :)
So that's most of the outfits caught up on ... still have a few posts to do. One on short hair, another on the cashmere crew neck and yet another one about Christmas party outfits! Hoping I can bring these to you within the next few days (and preferably before Christmas - especially that last one!)

Before I go, two shameless plugs, one for Bog Standard, which is running a Black Friday offer on selected items, with up to 40% off! Full info on the link here (FREE delivery and a FREE soap with all orders over £30/€40 - UK and Ireland only)

And my choir's new CD has launched and is available on iTunes, Spotify and online in good old CD form on this link. We had so much fun making it - there's a video of us in the studio on my Facebook page if you'd like to see it!


Thanks all - back soon,

Ax

Share:

3 comments

  1. Gorgeous outfits, you look great in all of them!

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking lovely Avril, will check out Bog Standard .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these outfits - especially the green Zara coat :) Jane x

    http://arthursmum.com

    ReplyDelete

I’m not actively monitoring the comments on this blog anymore. Please contact me in Instagram instead @avrilkeysblog or email me avrilkeys@yahoo.co.uk

© Avril’s Blog | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig